2009年11月12日 星期四

英文談判字彙IV

談判字彙IV:介紹以下字彙:

leverage、log-rolling、low-ball、mislead、mutual、objective、point of view、pressure、proposal、receptive




Word
(Part
of speech)


Meaning

Example
Sentence


31

leverage


noun


(bargaining
power) something that gives one party a greater chance at succeeding
over another


We have a
little bit of leverage because we are the only stationary company
in town.


32

log-rolling

verb


trading one
favour for another


After a bit of
log-rolling we came to an agreement that pleased both of us.


33

low-ball

verb


offer something
much lower than you think the opponent will ask for


I was expecting
my boss to low-ball in the initial offer, but he proposed a fair
salary increase.


34

mislead

verb


convince by
altering or not telling the whole truth about something


They misled
us into thinking that everything could be resolved today.


35

mutual

adj


agreed by both
or all


The decision to
call off the merger was mutual.


36

objective

noun


goal for the
outcome


My prime
objective
is to have my family members added to my benefits plan.


37

point of
view


noun


person's ideas/
thoughts


From my
point of view
it makes more sense to wait another six months.


38

pressure

verb


work hard to
convince another of an idea


He pressured
me to accept the terms by using intimidation tactics.


39

proposal

noun


argument to
present


While I
listened to their proposal I noted each of their objectives.


40

receptive

adj


open
to/interested in an idea


His positive
body language demonstrated that he was receptive to our
suggestions.


資料來源:Englishclub.com

沒有留言:

張貼留言