2009年11月11日 星期三

英文談判字彙III

談判字彙III:介紹以下字彙:

dispute、dominate、entitled、flexible、haggling、hostility、high-ball、impulse、indecisive



Word
(Part
of speech)


Meaning

Example
Sentence


21

dispute

noun



argument/conflict


I was hoping to
avoid discussing last year's dispute, but Monica is still holding
a grudge.


22

dominate

verb


have the most
control/stronger presence


Max has such a
loud voice, he tends to dominate the conversations.


23

entitled

adj


be deserving of

My contract
says that I am entitled to full benefits after six months of
employment.


25

flexible

adj


open/willing to
change


We have always
been flexible in terms of your working hours.


26

haggling

verb


arguing back
and forth (often about prices)


We've been
haggling
over this issue for too long now.


27

hostility

noun


long-term anger
towards another


I want you to
know that we don't have any hostility towards your company
despite last year's mixup.


28

high-ball

verb


make a request
that is much higher than you expect to receive


I'm planning to
high-ball my expectations when I open the discussion.


29

impulse

noun


quick decision
without thought or time


I acted on
impulse
when I signed that six-month contract.


30

indecisive

adj


has difficulty
choosing/making a decision


They were so
indecisive
we finally asked them to take a break and come back next
week.


資料來源:Englishclub.com

沒有留言:

張貼留言